North Park Neighborhood Volunteer Day!
Friends of the Chicago River and the North River Commission are working with the 40th Ward and community members to clean up the riverfront. Our parks are one place we can still enjoy during the pandemic and many people have turned to the river for wellness and respite during these troubled times. Unfortunately, more people often results in more litter and our park service is understaffed. It's our park, let's take care of it!
Due to some permitting challenges, this volunteer day has been moved from Northside College Prep to the River Park Boathouse. This volunteer day will also be included in Friends' Summer Challenge, where all summer long, people are getting out in their streets, parks and preserves to help the river become Litter Free!
Meet at the River Park Boathouse for an opening circle, instructions and safety talk at 10:30 a.m.
Due to COVID:
- You MUST RSVP, no walk ups to ensure proper social distancing.
- Masks are required.
- Participants must be 16 and up, minors are required to have a guardian also participating.
- Waivers will be electronically signed during this registration to reduce contact the day of the event. As we are having people register online and sign their waiver online, each participant must register individually.
- We encourage you to bring your own work gloves.
- Bathrooms are not available. Please plan and time your visit accordingly.
As with all activities during the time of COVID, we ask that you NOT attend this event if any of these situations applies to you.
• You have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with the pandemic virus or disease in the past 14 days.
• You have been in contact with anyone in the last 14 days who demonstrated flu like symptoms but were never checked at a medical facility.
• You attended any events or gone to a place in the past 14 days where anyone was diagnosed with the pandemic virus or disease.
• You are experiencing now or have experienced flu-like symptoms in the past 14 days.
• You have been in contact with anyone who has visited a COVID-19 hotspot as defined by the CDC as having a 7 day rolling average infection rate of 10% or more. The national location infection numbers are listed online at: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data