Register for Chicago River Day 2020
Are you excited about Chicago River Day?
1. TAKE A LOOK AT THE MAP. Choose a site based on what is best for you. Maybe it's close to home, or maybe you want to go on an adventure!
- Browse the map and click on pins to see a link to their registration page, or use the side bar at the upper left corner to see sites listed in alphabetical order.
- Some site are listed as ~ On the Water ~ If you would like to paddle, these are for you! Boats are available at these sites for clean up from the water.
- Grey Pins are sites adopted by a group and closed to public registration.
- Yellow Pins mark our official after-party locations at Metropolitan Brewing Company and Blue Island Beer Company.
- Each person can register up to five people to allow for families to easily register. If you are looking to sign up a group, please encourage each person to visit the site and register themselves so we can communicate with all volunteers!
2. REGISTRATION will be open until a site is at capacity. Please try to register before May 1st so we can send the right amount of supplies to each site. There are always people who end up not being able to come, so even if you didn't register, you can still volunteer. (This does not apply to large groups! If you are planning on bringing a large group please contact the organizer, Annette Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org so she can help find a site that is a good fit for your group.)
If you are bringing a child who is not your own, children need to have waivers signed by parents! Please print them, have them signed and bring them with you. Check the event page for waivers required.
3. SHOW UP before 9 a.m. so we can start on time. Wear closed toed shoes, and clothes you don't mind getting a little dirty. Please bring water, a hat or an umbrella depending on the weather. Have other questions? Check out our FAQS page!
Please bring a friend, or your whole family and share on social media #ChicagoRiverDay.
And remember, if we all do our part, we can make this river #LosetheLitter!
Thank you for being a friend of the river!