Full Moon Paddle ~ A Friends Signature Event ~ SOLD OUT
Keep your eyes and ears open as the nocturnal world comes awake! Night paddling is not normally permitted in the Forest Preserves, so this is a special opportunity to experience the lagoons from a rare perspective. You never know what you might see.
Friends’ trusty canoe guides will be there to help everyone safely load in and out of the canoes, offer paddling instruction and answer questions about the river along the way. We recommend paddlers are at least ten years old, younger river lovers are welcome to sit in the center of the canoes and enjoy the experience with their families. No paddling experience necessary, all equipment is provided. The trip will start and end from the same location, rain or shine!
There are additional safety precautions in place due to COVID-19. Boating is a great activity that allows for social distancing, but we want to take every precaution possible. Therefore:
- We will be offering this opportunity by boat instead of by seat, to ensure participants already know their boating partner. You have the option for a third non-paddling passenger to join you in the middle of the canoe.
- You MUST pre-register; walk ups are not allowed.
- Masks are required while on the dock.
- Social distancing is required while on the dock.
- Bathrooms are not available. Please plan and time your visit accordingly.