Ice Odyssey Cruise on the Chicago River
Buy Tickets Here
Leap Year Eve gives us another opportunity to celebrate the Chicago River and have some fun in this great city. There's no better way to do that than aboard the beautiful Odyssey Chicago River. Come in from the cold with your friends and enjoy some libations from the open bar, great food, and a wonderful cruise that benefits Friends of the Chicago River.
This cocktail benefit cruise, hosted by Friends’ Otter Society, includes a two-hour cruise on the Chicago River aboard an all-glass vessel, passed hors d'oeuvres and light bites, dessert, open bar, a Live DJ, and the best views of Chicago!
Friends' mission is to improve and protect the Chicago River system for people, plants, and animals and is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. A portion of your ticket is tax-deductible.
Early Bird Ticket is $85 + eventbrite fees.
Chicago River Esplanade,455 N. Cityfront Plaza Drive, Chicago, IL 60611
BOARDING INFO (PLEASE READ)
- Boarding will begin promptly at 5 p.m.; board at the Chicago River Esplanade, right in front of NBC Tower on the River (north side)
- Pick up your tickets at the Ticket Booth; tickets will be listed by the purchaser’s last name
- Please have tickets (and a your valid 21+ ID should you be asked to present it) ready as you enter the boarding line
- As soon as boarding is complete, the gate will close and the crew will start preparing for departure. No one else will be permitted to board.
- Please be on time! We'd hate to have to leave without you!
- What is the dress code? Cocktail or business attire.
- Can I bring my own food/drink on the boat? Absolutely no outside food or beverage may be brought on the boat.
- What is the age? All guests must be 21+
RULES, REGULATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS
All guests must be 21+ with a valid government issued ID that will be checked by security prior to boarding the boat. A valid ticket is required by all guests to board. The Ticket Booth will be given a guest list by Friends of the Chicago River. Security reserves the right to inspect all bags and persons before boarding. Absolutely no outside food or beverage may be brought on the boat.
Guests who are deemed intoxicated (or otherwise unfit) upon arrival, will be denied entry and no refunds will be given. We want all guests to enjoy themselves on the cruise, but please note you will be on the boat for an extended amount of time and our number one priority is the safety of all guests. The boat will depart the dock as soon as boarding is completed. Once the boat begins its cast off procedure, for the safety of all guests, absolutely no late arrivals will be allowed within the security fence to board. If you are late, you will be left at the dock without a refund.
In the event of dangerous weather conditions, security situations, mechanical issues with the boat, etc., the boat may not cruise, but the party will still go on the boat at the dock. The cruise length is two-hours. The DJ aboard the boat will play a variety of music, at their discretion, with the goal of making a fun cruise for the entire crowd. The music’s volume level will be set to an acceptable level intended to please all guests and may be regulated/limited by safety regulations set forth by the captain.
Any ticketing/technical issues will be handled by Eventbrite.com. Please contact them directly at https://www.eventbrite.com/contact-us/. The Eventbrite system does not allow us to restrict people who are underage from buying tickets. If you are not 21 and purchase a ticket, you will not be allowed on board.