Litter Free Canoe and Clean - REI Lincoln Park ~SOLD OUT~
Friends of the Chicago River is committed to eliminating trash from our beloved waterways. Trash not just an eye-sore, it endangers the health of people and wildlife.
One way we are tackling the problem is through Canoe and Clean paddles. Friends’ trusty canoe guides will help everyone safely load in and out of the canoes, offer paddling instruction and answer questions about the river along the way. No paddling experience necessary, all equipment is provided. We recommend paddlers are at least ten years old, younger river lovers are welcome to sit in the center of the canoes and enjoy the experience with their families. Trips are two hours long and rain or shine!
These trips are offered at the discounted price made possible by the generous support from the Mars Wrigley Foundation. This year every paddler gets a free one-year membership to Friends! Current Friends' members get an additional $10 off (use discount code Members).
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Due to COVID-19, there are additional safety precautions in place. Boating is a great activity that allows for social distancing, but we want to take every precaution possible. Therefore:
- We will be offering this opportunity by boat instead of by seat, to ensure participants already know the person they are boating with. You have the option for a third non-paddling passenger to join you in the middle of the canoe.
- We are staggering start times to create smaller groups. Please show up for your assigned start time.
- You MUST register, no walk ups are allowed.
- Masks are required while on the dock.
- Social distancing is required while on the dock.
- Bathrooms are not available at all locations. Please plan and time your visit accordingly.