Chicago River Conservation and Recovery Plan
The Chicago River Conservation and Recovery Plan is a broad strategic planning effort by Friends of the Chicago River to outline a road map to realize our vision for a blue-green corridor.
The planning process is multifaceted and includes:
- Reflecting on the changes that have occurred in the Chicago River system since Friends’ founding to visualize progress.
- Researching contemporary waterways management methodologies, current best practices, and case studies to inform our work.
- Connecting with stakeholders and experts to inform our future programs and projects.
- Identifying opportunities for strategic investments through future projects and programs.
- Outlining of implementation actions and strategies to realize the vision.
The plan will cover two major components:
- The Vision Plan catalogs high level principles based on past successes, proposed future goals, and outlines high level strategies.
- The Action Plans outline more detailed topic-specific research and recommendations. The Action Plans cover three topic areas of wildlife (view here), people, and water.