Volunteer Events COVID-19 Protocols
~ Friends Volunteer Events COVID-19 Protocols ~
As of March 2, 2022
Friends follows CDC, state and local coronavirus guidelines. All Illinois regions are in Phase 5 of reopening with no restrictions of outdoor events as they present a minimal risk of transmission. However, our experience leading volunteer events prompts us to utilize a few protocols to ensure the comfort and safety of volunteers and staff. Should our reopening phase change, the event will adjust to the most current guidelines.
- We ask participants to be fully vaccinated unless they have a medical exemption.
- Volunteers are welcome to wear masks. Please be kind and considerate to your fellow volunteers if they choose to wear a face mask.
- Advance individual registration is encouraged to agree to waivers during registration.
We ask you NOT attend this event if any of this applies to you:
- You are experiencing now or have experienced flu-like symptoms in the past 14 days.
- You attended any events or gone to a place in the past 7-10 days where anyone was diagnosed with the pandemic virus or disease.
- You have been in contact with anyone in the last 7-10 days who demonstrated flu like symptoms but were never checked at a medical facility.
- You have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with coronavirus in the past 7-10 days.