Volunteer Events COVID-19 Protocols
Friends follows CDC, state and local coronavirus guidelines. Experience leading volunteer events prompted us to add an additional layer of protocols to ensure the comfort and safety of volunteers and staff. All Illinois regions are currently in Phase 4. Should our reopening phase change, the event will adjust to the most current guidelines.
• Phase 4 allows outdoor gatherings of up to 50 people. However, Friends is limiting gatherings to 30 participants and staggering start times when possible to create smaller groups for the opening circle to ensure room for social distancing.
• Waivers are to be signed during registration when possible.
• Masks and social distancing are required, regardless of vaccination status.
• Avoid touching your face and hair.
• Studies show transmission from contact with surfaces is extremely rare. Still at this time, each piece of equipment will only be used by a single volunteer.
• We will not use equipment for at least three days between events to ensure there are no traces of the virus on any equipment.
As with all activities during COVID, we ask you NOT attend this event if any of this applies to you:
• You are experiencing now or have experienced flu-like symptoms in the past 14 days.
• You attended any events or gone to a place in the past 14 days where anyone was diagnosed with the pandemic virus or disease.
• You have been in contact with anyone in the last 14 days who demonstrated flu like symptoms but were never checked at a medical facility.
• You have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with coronavirus in the past 14 days.
• You have been in contact with anyone who has visited a COVID-19 hotspot as defined by the CDC as having a 7 day rolling average infection rate of 10% or more. The national location infection numbers are listed online at: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data