Chicago River Eco-Warriors (CREW)
When you volunteer with Friends of the Chicago River, you join the ranks of the Chicago River Eco-Warriors (CREW). We rely on year-round volunteers to support our mission to improve and protect the Chicago River.
Click here to become part of the CREW and receive monthly updates about events and volunteer opportunities.
Friends, there are many ways to get involved, but we’re open to your ideas too!
Here are some of the things CREW do:
- Volunteer at established events like Chicago River Day
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. It really helps when you like and share our posts!
- Plan a volunteer day for your company - check out our River Action Day (RAD) page
- Plant a rain garden in your own backyard
- Conserve water during Over Flow Action Days
- Plan your own Litter Free volunteer day, check out the Toolkit that shows you how!
- Share information about Friends at events. We've made a Volunteer Information packet just for you.
- Give a presentation at your child’s class
- Help with special events
- Help out at a restoration volunteer day
- Volunteer at the McCormick Bridgehouse & Chicago River Museum
- Get trained to locate and assess gullies
- Help in the office
- And much more!
Questions? Email Annette Anderson or call her at (312) 939-0490, ext. 14. Friends is excited to partner with REI to support our Chicago River Eco-Warriors. REI shares our commitment to care for our natural areas and to get people outside to experience their wonders.